View Profile IoTheEternal

All 23 Game Reviews

6 w/ Responses

A highly addictive game I must say!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

the guy doesnt move for me - no matter what I do or click all I can do is click the sword tile.

*edit* ohh I see.. you're not supposed to move.. I ONLY learned that by reading through your reviews - you really should mention that in the authors comments or most people are simply going to think the game is broken.

It's alright but I don't like how you are slowly dying no matter what you do. Doesn't seem very realistic at all.. *edit* ohh I see you're slowly dying because your enemies are attacking you in real time..

also if you buy a health and a strength potion - even though it shows you bought both, it will only show the strength potion during the run, so you basically pay for a potion you don't own.

Actually nope, strength potion just doesn't show up at all, even if you buy it individually.. you might want to fix that.

Also when you beat the skull guy his health starts to go into the negative and the screen keeps shifting over and then plops you back at the beginning of the game.. def. some bugs to work out in this game hehe.. but still fun to play :)

-shawn (Chronamut)-

some of these levels were just too damn hard - also the lack of mid checkpoints per level REALLLY sapped the fun out of this.. sorry.

-shawn (Chronamut)-

the game is cool but trying any sort of consistent way to spin that spinner seems to be impossible - sometimes it spins fast sometimes it just stops and sometimes it just randomly moves slowly.. some strategy of some kind would be nice.

Artur-Felipe responds:

this game seems to have a glitch where if you get a heart crystal after you save and die and come back to the save point it doesn't register it - I jumped on a heart container and it was solid, and it did not count it. Also for those you DO get, every time you die an outline of the heart will appear where it was, but each time you die an additional outline will appear, so you can rack up a lot of additional outlines lol..

other than that it's pretty good though :)

-shawn (Chronamut)-

yeah medals would def. improve this game. Also some manner of diversity other than just trying to get height - powerups etc.

good game!

nissykim responds:

Thanks for your comment! We will definitely add more diversity for our next games!

medals are broken - they dont register when you beat a level. I just beat the whole game and it didn't include any of my medals. Went back and tried beating the first level again and it still didn't register. Pls fix.

*EDIT* played it again and it registered 1-10, played again and it registered 11 to 29, but not 30.. very odd.. and yes.. 26 is a bitch..

-shawn (Chronamut)-

it was a good game - after about the second set of 9 however it no longer became fun, and just became about dying endlessly while by some fluke getting it all within the set time at just the right moments.

-shawn (Chronamut)-

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

very much like toss the turtle and chickaboom - if a bit less intense.

I found it felt like a bit less effort - there aren't any obstacles other than the ones on the ground, and you don't end up going very high until you hit the "beyond high" stage where it just shows your distance growing but no new visuals. As a result it gets boring rather quickly.. and buying just the same 4 upgrades over and over is a bit boring. If one is to compare this to chickaboom or toss the turtle, it's a bit of a lukewarm comparison unfortunately, upon playing further into it.

So I just finished the game.. within like.. an hour.. and I already have everything maxed out. My top score was like 6000. I find the power is all in kicking high into the air, and not forward, where the speed should be. Also being able to max things out so quickly is a bit disappointing. Perhaps you should concentrate the kick power more forward instead of upward. Also you need to put less rock obstacles at the bottom. In most of these games you bounce enough that you sail over most obstacles, but in this one, as soon as you hit terminal velocity and you bounce off the ground you IMMEDIATELY hit a rock and stop. This game definitely has some issues.

-shawn (Chronamut)-

I am Io - the eternal. Hey guys, the names Shawn, but you may remember me by my old account, Chronamut. I have been submitting music to this site since 2003, and I have hundreds of songs and artworks. I hope to return and to bring the era of fun back!

Shawn Dall @IoTheEternal